Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 24, 2011

Where did my baby go?

She seriously seemed to grow up over night. I went in her room to wake her up this morning to treat her to a chocolate milk from Starbucks while this momma enjoyed a skinny vanilla latte with a drizzle of carmel.

I was absolutely stunned when this is what I saw.



Not a baby, or even really a toddler. I mean sure, she's a toddler, but she looks just like a little girl. I really can't believe that she grew up right in front of me. I spend the most time possible with her and I still feel like I missed something.I seriously think if I blink I might miss her school aged years and I'll be sending her off to college.


If you don't have kids yet or if you are expecting your first, the only thing I can advise you to do is never blink. No really- I'm dead serious. Don't. Blink. Because one day you will and your little baby is a little girl. She will tell you when she wants to nap, eat, play outside, or watch Caillou.

I don't know what I can do differently with Baby A to slow down this process of growing up, but I do know that I will cherish every moment I have awake with her. I feel so blessed that I get to go through this whole process again with another child. I hope I have many, many more. While every mom has tough days raising their children, there is always a moment in a day that makes it all worth it.


This is reality sometimes. I wouldn't change it for anything in this world.
I love you, my little Hayden. You will always be my baby.

xoxo,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. I am going to try and post a comment again.

    I totally understand you. Today I put Mirabelle's hair up in two little barettes and instantly she was older. I guess that's why I haven't worried about putting her hair up, I knew it would do that. It's amazing how in such a short time they have learned so much and I am amazed at how much Mirabelle has taught me too!

    Hay knows how much you love her, and you have helped mold her into what she is becoming every day. When she's older she's going to thank you for that! I know Baby A will as well.

    Great post and I love the pics as always! Hugs!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...