Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The joys of having a belly...

This was taken a week ago, at 32 weeks. I'm even bigger now, I just need to get an updated picture taken :) I usually don't have an issue with doing this.

UPDATED PICTURE ADDED 6/24: 33/34 weeks along



For the most part, coming to the end of this pregnancy is relieving. I am getting big. To the point to where I am uncomfortable and little things just make me upset. Not upset as in mad, more like sad.

For instance, this morning I was on the floor playing with Hayden. {We just got a new couch and it's so tall she can't get up by herself. So, instead of me constantly lifting her up with me, it's just easier to play on the floor} Well, I say easier, but technically it's not. Getting down to just sit on my butt isn't the easiest anymore, let alone crawling around with a belly to play with the different toys scattered around the room.

Anyhow, Hayden brought me a book to read to her. She hands it too me and turns around and backs her little tush up to sit in my lap. I no longer have a lap available! It's completely taken by belly. I chuckled to myself but then I got really sad. My baby girl can't sit on my lap. I know this is temporary, but for the last few weeks that we have alone time together, the option of sitting on my lap is no longer available. Kind of breaks my heart.

We settled for reading the book with her on my knee. It's just not the same.

Another annoying thing that I have to deal with for the next seven weeks is I can't wash dishes facing the sink. My belly is too large and I end up hunched over just so I can reach the water. I now have to face sideways and turn my upper body towards the sink. Really? I don't remember every doing this with Hayden. Annoying.

Not to mention I have a really hard time giving Hayden her baths now. Garit has stepped in and taken over that nightly routine while I attempt to wash the dishes. :( Sad sad sad.

2 comments:

  1. As uncomfortable as you are, you seriously give me a double-dose of baby fever every time you post a belly pic or talk about the new baby! I'm jealous lol :) Try and enjoy these last few weeks (and I'm sure Hayden doesn't notice that anything is "getting in the way" lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I can't wait for you to have another! :) I keep reminding myself to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy because I really do want a few years break and I KNOW I will get baby fever within the first year. So I just need to soak up all the pregnancy I can get now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...