Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 6, 2011

Birthing plan

At roughly 33 weeks pregnant, I'm starting to put together my birth plan. Since this isn't my first rodeo with the whole child birthing process, I have a little better of an idea of how things will go and progress. With Hay, my water broke while I was sleeping. I showered and we jumped in the truck with my overnight bag  and headed to the hospital which is about 30 minutes away.

Ready for my secret? Something that no one else knows except for my MIL and G? Ready for this? Somehow her newborn outfit did not  make it in the bag. So she was taken home wrapped in a hospital sheet and one of my sweatpants. Do I get the Mom of the Year award? Hubby refused to leave my side when I insisted on him running home and getting her outfit. A outfit. Any outfit. Epic fail. I'm not proud of it. I'm quite ashamed actually.
---
I think I felt a total of one painful contraction, the epidural was ah-maze-ing. No doubt about it. I am a huge wussy when it comes to pain. In fact, the nurse had asked me about my pain tolerance and I replied that I thought I was average. G let out a laugh. Seriously? He laughed. Yep. That just happened. He was right. I guess my tolerance is pretty darn low. :0(

Ok, so birth plan? That's the topic right? I want to try to do most of my laboring here, at home. Then go to the hospital when I really need to. The worst part about my labor experience with Hay was the fact that I was in the hospital so damn long. If I can bare through a lot of the contractions on my own, I would like to do so without wires hooked up to me and the sterile hospital smell...not to mention the constant beeping sound coming from three different machines.

I'm sure this is how I will look while I'm laboring at home...


So far, this is the only part of my birth plan that I have figured out. This and the fact that I don't think I will be induced early like I had thought. Still doing some research on it, but it doesn't sound like the best option for Baby A and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...