Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 17, 2011

I refuse to be that mom

I met my friend Hannah and her son Eric for lunch yesterday. We have been friends basically since Hayden and Eric were born, maybe a bit before? She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and I really hope we are forever friends. Cheesy? Maybe. But I'm totally telling you the truth.




We met on the What to Expect forum boards...you know, like the book? They have a website where you can go to talk to other moms-or in our case expecting mommas, to share your symptoms, thoughts, worries or even laughs. I have become rather close to about 15 of the girls and still talk to them weekly, even though I've only met about a handful of them.

Hannah is also pregnant again, expecting two weeks after I. :0) We didn't plan it, but shhhh we kinda did. Eric is also two weeks behind Hayden in the age department. Funny how that all worked out.

We went to Souplantation yesterday with the kids {my first time} and Eric, who is usually the busybody, sat perfectly still on his booster while eating everything Hannah put in front of him. I watched in envy for maybe 2.5 seconds while I tried wrangling my child and eat at the same time.  I was so embarrassed. She really just wanted to get down and play with Eric. They were smitten with each other. Plus she was tired. Excuses? Yep. But my child was that child and I was that mom. She didn't want to sit still and she was letting me know it. After we left I sat in my car thinking:

This is it. I knew this day would come. The day where I don't take my child out in public restaurants because I'm not going to be one of those moms. I'm not going to embarrass myself or my friends. If she can't behave, then we just won't go anywhere. 

Hannah and I both agreed that we need to just stick with parks and picnics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...