Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

kale has taken over my life

I'm about a week into eating vegan. It's kinda amazing. Sure, I have to deal with the complaints of a husband when he discovers there is no meat on his plate...or when he wants to get ice cream and I object (although he is still able to eat whatever his heart desires, I have held my ground well).

Today I made some of my own "kale krunchies"...but in my oven! 


I made sure the kale was dry and tore them into bite-sized pieces and placed them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drizzled them with olive oil and some sea salt (I actually put WAY too much sea salt on. Not even sure I'll use any next time.) Since I've cut out dairy completely, I can taste more. The flavors are there. Salt is definitely not needed like it was eating pre-vegan.



So, I put them in the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes. These turned out to be a bit browner than I'd like them to be (you notice I said brown, not burnt? lol) But they were still edible. Just had a little bit of a burnt popcorn taste to them. Lesson learned. I'll put it in for 7 minutes next time and go from there.

Here is the finished product...although with half of them already eaten by the time I realized "crap I need to take a picture first". Yep, they were that good.  

1 comment:

  1. This does not sound appealing to me at all!!! ;) But, I'm in the mood to try new things lately, so maybe i'll give it a shot! Good for you for keeping up with this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...