Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

i adore

I adore my girls. It's no secret. I want to be the best mommy to them and the best wife to my husband. Above all else in this world, if I have succeeded in nothing but doing my personal best in the roles of a mother, bible teacher, mentor, supporter, playmate & educator to my children, then I will feel accomplished and fulfilled in life. 
 
A year ago, I'm not sure I can honestly say that would have been enough for me. I had goals. I had big goals that were in movement towards becoming a physician's assistant (PA). Maybe because I didn't value my job as a mother. With women needing to climb the corporate latter alongside their male partners to feel worthy and excepted by society. Needing to be able to support themselves if something were to go wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with this philosophy. I do think it is smart to be able to have a skill that can be utilized to provide for you and your family, but I also think that being just a mother is okay. It's a lot of work, responsibility and love. At the moment, I am blessed to be able to stay at home with my children full time. At the moment, this is 100% satisfying my need to feel productive and accomplished. I can't think of any other job that would give me as much satisfaction that I get each day by raising my girls.

Do I have goals? Of course. 
Do they have a deadline? Nope.


[via pinterest, originally found here]

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you! I often get the "look" when I tell people I'm a SAHM. You know, the look that says they think my life is boring, pitiful, and unfulfilled. But I love staying at home and watching my baby grow (so fast). There's no one else that should be caring for him, kissing him, or rocking him but me.
    I still look forward to going back to work and being a "career woman." Someday. But he needs me. Here. Now.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...